Frequently Asked Questions:
PNLIT is a Bangalore-based trust, registered under the Indian Trust Act 1882 - Rgn No. BNG(U)-JPN-129
Download 12AA certificate here
2010-11 dated 11th June 2010. It has received the status of Charitable Trust under section 12AA of the Indian Income Tax Act.
PNLIT meets the expenses through:
- Donations from concerned well-wishers
- Adoption of trees
- Direct sponsorship of requirements
- Conducting nature walks, bird watching tours, educational trips, etc.
- Sale of cloth bags, T-shirts, tea coasters, fridge magnets
- Other sources (proposed) like photography classes, coffee table books, plants, organic manure, etc.
PNLIT is also building up a corpus fund so that in future, the interest earned will be able to meet some of the routine expenses like salaries and other recurring expenditure.
Donations are eligible under Section 80G, for 50% deduction from Taxable income - Download 80G approval letter here
PNLIT has received FCRA registration, so donations are accepted from both Indian and Non-Indian Citizens/Passport Holders - Download FCRA Registration approval letter here
Don't wait. Contact us.
Lakes are important because they...
- Reduce temperature
- Reduce pollution
- Act as a catchment for rainwater
- Prevent flooding
- Supply drinking water
- Raise water table
- Provide a habitat for animal and plant life
- Provide lung space for humans
How does one save a lake?
Check out this article How to revive your neighbourhood lake.